In celebration of our inaugural festival, there is absolutely no submission fee. Hooray!
Submissions accepted until January 1. All submitted troupes will be contacted by January 15 with results.
Performers attending will enjoy:
- Free passes to all shows (unless sold out).
- Half price discount to all workshops (unless sold out) –where you get to know other improvisors in a workshop setting while broadening your improv skills in the same location as performances (for your convenience).
- 17 minute show for performance slots
- After party with music, video games, and a cash bar!
- Couch/room surfing mediation for out-of-staters (by request).
- The opportunity to explore downtown Newmarket including a variety of cuisine (sushi, Thai, pizza, Mexican, and more!) and a treasure of a funky independent coffee shop/bookstore, all within a stone’s throw.
- Green room snacks and beverages.
Submit the following to be considered:
- Promotion description of your intended performance with a brief biography of your troupe (75 word maximum).
- High-res image of your troupe (300dpi). Please make sure your photo does not have any text and is not digitally enhanced as the press will generally not accept overly manipulated photos.
- Ten minute unedited video from a recent performance. We are looking for quality, originality, and professionalism. You may submit common formats such as the Harold, Armando, or short form games, but note we are particularly interested in innovative sets. If you do submit a common format show, then we would like to see you approach the format in a fresh way.
- Your troupe logo
Everything you submit will be used for press and publicity. By submitting you are giving the Great Northeast Improv Festival permission to use both those pictures and show descriptions -as well as any photos and quotes taken of you during the festival itself- to promote future festivals.
Submit via the contact page with the subject SUBMISSION – Great Northeast IF – “Your Troupe Name” The text of your email should be your performance description. Your image and video materials should be attached as publicly shared links (via Google Drive, for example). Your links will not be publicly distributed, but they must be accessible to a variety of festival team members so they can best promote your show if it is accepted.